INDUSTRIAL USES FOR
Many diverse industries rely on Falk surplus gear reducers, gearing, and gearboxes to help them achieve peak efficiency. Falk gearbox parts are used in industries such as:
- Mining, where gearboxes are used to drive belt conveyors in underground mining operations and to drive bucket wheels for open-pit mining, and on the cutting heads of road headers.
- Pulp and paper, used with paper machine dryers, web-fed printing presses, packaging machinery, and pulp processing machinery.
- Marine, in which gearboxes serve a critical role in driving a ship’s power systems in high-revving engines to regulate speed for the propeller.
- Oil and gas, where gearboxes are used in pumps and designed to endure extreme temperatures in frigid environments.
- Cement, where gearboxes are relied on in applications like material handling equipment, hydraulic roller press, crusher, blending beds, grinding rollers, vertical mills, kilns, and more.
- Energy, in which drivetrains for wind turbines are composed of a gearbox and a generator. The gearbox is used to connect the low-speed shaft of the turbine with the high-speed shaft of the generator.
As you can see the list is extensive. At NW Industrial Sales, LLC we have a combined 75 years of experience working with these industries.